Monday, September 6, 2010

June 22nd, Ellicottville, NY

June 22

Got water at the foot of the hill at the house noted on the map, saw the white blaze on the pole at the right of the property, started down the road, got a couple of tens and realized that I did not see a forward blaze, took my pack off and started walking down the road, no blaze on the one on the pole back at the house. I flagged down a car; it was the man Tom, who lives in the water house. I told him about my lack of food, that I planned to get enough at the RV park for the last day. He told me the RV park had no food etc. I told him I had a food box in Ellicottville, he offered to drive me to town, and I took him up on his offer. Trail magic at its best. I would have been in a bad. (looking back on this event, this turned me around, and set the stage for me to complete the hike)

No comments:

Post a Comment