Sunday, September 5, 2010

July 17th and 18th, Ithaca, NY

July 17 and July 18


Primary chore get my boots repaired or find a new pair to finish the last 250 miles. Learned that the turn around time for repair, if they can be repaired is 5 days. Way to long when I want to start hiking Monday morning. Went to 3 sporting goods places, there was only 1 pair of size 14 hiking boots out of the three, which happened to fit me better than the boots I have been hiking in this past month.

Also decided to take another week before going back to Wisconsin, and add 7 days to my hiking time to see if I can really do the whole trail. There is a part of me that says 300 miles is respectful, so lets be satisfied with 300 miles -- the stubborn side says, hey lets go for at least 500 miles. What I know for sure is, that I am going to start again on Monday and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment