Sunday, September 5, 2010

July 1st Bivouac

July 1 Thur

Some really long hills today, I stopped early, i.e. 4:30 pm, my legs felt like they might cramp, set up camp by a beaver pond, frogs are already doing their songs, very cool and comfortable the last 2 days, seemed like I barely worked up a sweat covering 14 miles today. I may make it to Hornell tomorrow, will. I found my old rhythm of hiking/breathing/pace and walking stick movement today. Had an old RR bed stretch for 2 miles this morning, did it in an hour. Still no other long distance hikers except me.

Plus's for trail walk -- soft surface, cooler than the road, mature sounds and sights.

Neg's for trail walk -- irregular surface, mud, steeper hills and grades, bugs, unknown water sources

Plus's for road walk -- consistent surface, cars and trucks add a breeze when passing, can keep a steady pace, houses with lots of water.

Neg's for road walk -- Sun, hot surface, a wrong turn can be costly in time and effort, no bathroom spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment