Sunday, September 5, 2010

July 6th Hammondsport -- Ithaca, NY

July 6th Hammondsport, NY-- Ithaca, NY

98 degrees in the shade, high humidity, multiple breaks to wring out shirt, drink water, and cool off. Stopped at a house to get water at 4 pm, Bill heats his home with firewood he cuts and splits. He is 77, (I think I heard a similar report this morning that is activity keeps a man healthy); we talked about the advantages of electric verses gas powered log splitters. He took me to Hammondsport, where Pat came and picked me up. While I had planned this rest break 1 1/2 weeks ago, it works out that this is the hottest weather of the summer so far in this area. It is predicted to stay high 90's the next 2 days. Took potassium tables today, which help prevent leg cramping. I could feel the cramps coming on at various times. The relacing of my boots has made a big difference in how my feet feel after a long hot day.

Question: How do you know the road is really hot? When it plays tar baby with your boots.

Time for a 2-day vacation. Yea !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment