Sunday, September 5, 2010

June 29th Portageville, NY

June 29 Wed

A day of rest, I can feel my body recovering, I am going to plan another 5 days to N. Hornell, then 5 days to Hammondsport and then decide what to do next, by then I will be almost 4 weeks into the 6 week - maybe 7 - of the hike, it is clear that I am not going to complete a through hike of the FLT, if I look back on the AT hike, by about 6 weeks, I was starting to consistently do 12-15 mile days, for the FLT, 6 weeks is all the time allotted for the whole hike. I will be healthier than when I started, but nothing like the AT when I finished, but hey, in 6 months of hiking one should be in good physical condition. Will pack my bag, 5 days of food sure feels heavy. The trail for the next 2 days looks short on water, and the terrain, according to the read out on the map, there is one really bad stretch with deep gullies. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment