Sunday, September 5, 2010

July 30th, Susquehanna Motel, Bainbridge, NY

July 30 Susquehanna Motel, Bainbridge, NY

The FLT had allotted of road walk on the map today. I stopped at a house where a man was outside building a doghouse and he filled up my work bottles. I am getting faster on my road walks, have done 4 miles an hour on the flats, on the grades from 2-3 miles an hour. I noticed that my "trail appetite" has returned i.e. that is when you begin to have the urge to eat any foodstuff and plenty of it. I did have a Chinese meal this afternoon. Found that I could only eat half of it at one setting. It became dinner as well. I went over the maps and my food needs. I was a day earlier than I had planned and my food box has more than I think I will need to get to Walton. I decided to make a food box by using the left overs and go to the store and get the additional food I will need when I get to Little Pond Campground. I made up a box and mailed it out this afternoon. I found 23 cents while walking on the road today.

No comments:

Post a Comment