Sunday, September 5, 2010

July 25th, Bivouac

July 25, Bivouac in a pine cove

Felt good physically and did good mileage today. Had difficulty finding water today, not many houses, and lots of dogs at the houses I pasted. Finally heard water running in the grass ditch beside the road I was walking. I used my walking sticks to part the grass and weeds, and there was a little spring coming out of the side of the ditch. Filtered out 3 liters, good cool water, I wonder if anyone knows it is here. Earlier this afternoon, I attempted to tighten my left shoelace and an eyelet broke. I have bypassed it on the lacing. I have had the boots a week. I will see how the lacing works (it made my left boot heal wear twice as deep as the right boot), but I really do not have much choice now. I could cut the eyelet out, but I think the leather is probably too weak to last very long in place of the eyelet.
I found a nice pine cove to set up camp inside. There is a little creek about 25 yards down and behind me. I can see cars going by on the road, but I am reasonably sure they do not see me. People usually to not look deeply into the woods as they drive down the road. However, I have the thought,” I am dressed in all black, so I hope no one sees me and thinks I am a bear”

No comments:

Post a Comment